Our client, a leading global manufacturer of Industrial Technology products, is looking for a Director of Sales to cover the East Coast region and be responsible for building market position and revenue by identifying, developing, defining, negotiating and securing new business opportunities and relationships.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effective territory management of independent sales representatives, including hiring, training,
Goal-setting, evaluation, and termination.
- Key Account Management – work closely with VP Sales, Regional Sales Managers, International
- Business Development (BD) colleagues, and other internal and international colleagues to define key account targets, manage projects, and execute strategies.
- Management of defined A-Accounts in Focus Segments and BD targets – work closely with VP Sales, BD,
- EUS Management, Field Application Engineering (FAE), and international colleagues to penetrate A-account targets, manage complex projects, and execute BD strategies throughout North America.
- Develop and manage Business Development within Focus Segment accounts.
- Develop Strategic Account Plans as requested by Management Team
- Technical competence with “open thinker” ability to develop mixed technology projects.
- Interpret customer applications and guide customers toward selection of proper products or technology.
- Develop detailed, thorough and convincing project proposals
- Research and understand competitors, including competitive strengths and weaknesses.
- Willing and able to travel to key accounts and BD targets to build business relationships regularly (e.g. >75%).
- Occasional international travel outside of North America may be required.
- Enhance existing customer relationships by presenting new, more efficient, or attractive solutions and products.
- Work closely with management to ensure superior customer service throughout the defined project development phase.
- Provide consistent and accurate management reporting.
- Assist with special sales, marketing, or related projects as directed by the VP Sales or Management Team.
- Maintain data integrity of company CRM system with input supportive of customer development and company measured metrics.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Contribute to Product Development initiatives on a regular and defined basis.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires strong sales and people management skills. The successful candidate will demonstrate proven management experience, OEM sales achievements, and knowledge of Machines, Automation and Transportation
- He/she must be very self-motivated and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong customer service orientation, problem-solving aptitude, and the ability to function in a fast paced team environment
- Knowledge of the Machines, Automation and Transportation
Knowledge and skills of MS Office applications
Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM software
Knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Management software or comparable software
Knowledge of the Heavy Duty & Specialty Vehicle and/or Public Transportation markets
Demonstrated leadership skills
Strong sales and people management skills
Strong analytical skills
Proven management experience
Proven OEM sales achievements
Must be very self-motivated
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must possess a strong customer service orientation, problem-solving aptitude
Must have the ability to function in a fast paced team environment
Regularly required to interact with co-workers, interdepartmental personnel, customers, distributors, representatives,