A leading Specialty Mail Order Pharmacy organization, seeks a Director of Sales.
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) required. Doctorate Degree in Pharmacy or Nursing degree combined with Master’s Degree in Business (M.B.A.) or leadership training experience preferred. Five plus (5+) years of pharmaceutical sales experience selling HIV/AIDS related drug or specialty pharmacy services required. Two plus (2+) years sales management experience or high level sales experience selling to MCO’s and PBM’s helpful. Experience in 340B Pharmacy Drug Program helpful.
The Director of Sales is directly and indirectly responsible for the sales growth of the company and the attainment of company established sales goals through new business development. Accountable for company sales growth in the Southeastern U.S. within the disease states of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and mental health FACT programs through direct selling efforts and the development of a field sales force. Customers will include, but are not limited to, physicians, clinics, nurses, case managers, ASO’s, MCO’s, CMS and PBM’s. The Director of Sales works under the direction of and reports to the President /CEO.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Successful documented track record of selling HIV/AIDS pharmaceuticals or specialty pharmacy services to physicians, clinics, nurses, case managers, ASO’s, MCO’s, CMS and PBM’s within the Southeastern U.S.
Experience in developing and leading a team of professional sales people that sold to physicians, clinics, nurses, case managers, ASO’s, MCO’s, CMS and PBM’s.
Experienced in developing sales budgets and meeting and exceeding sales goals.
Ability to develop new ideas and programs to meet customer needs and develop new business.
Strong ability to identify new opportunities and develop new business.
Strong ability to network and leverage relationships into new business opportunities.
Strong presentation skills combined with strong ability to develop new relationships.
Ability to conduct overnight travel 50%.
Ability to travel via automobile and commercial airways.
- Develop company’s sales plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals.
- Command high level of understanding of all company’s business lines, products and services combined with strong ability to present all company’s business lines, products and services to customers.
- Cultivate existing business relationships in Southeastern U.S. into new sales for company.
- Develop new relationships with additional targeted prospects to meet short and long-term sales objectives.
- Manage prospects from initial sales call through closing of sale and service implementation process.
- At close of sale, define terms of new account for finance, operations and ongoing account management.
- Recruit, hire and train a field sales force in strategically placed areas of Southeast to maximize company sales and profitability.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Assist sales force in areas of territory management, account cultivation and closing of sale.
- Define and oversee incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.