Our client, a well know manufacturer of sophisticated electronic products, seeks a Director of Talent Acquisition to be responsible for every aspect of recruiting new employees as well as the related programs that are required to effectively recruit and assimilate the rapidly expanding staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the entire recruiting process, from position definition and requirement through offer and assimilation into the organization.
- Refine the existing process to drive down recruiting costs, improve cycle time, and increase the quality of candidate being interviewed.
- Develop an annual recruiting strategy and implementation plan, including size of staff, mix of third party resources vs. permanent staff, and appropriate budget. Implement the plan as agreed upon with the President & CEO.
- Develop strong working relationships with the entire senior leadership team, to act as a consultant on staffing needs, requirements definition, and compensation requirements. Ensure recruitment strategy is aligned with individual business requirements and their growth goals.
- Build a competency within the recruiting organization to effectively identify and assess talent, to include skill, personal attributes and cultural fit. Ensure that the leadership team is in agreement with the model used for evaluation.
- Work with other parts of the organization to improve their effectiveness in interviewing, selecting and assessing candidates
- Continue strong relationships that had existed for college recruiting and build any that are necessary to fill gaps in entry level recruiting.
- Understand how to use research for candidate identification and conducting topical research for other parts of the organization (e.g., competitive research, lead generation, trend assessment, industry data, etc.).
- Enhance the use of tools and resources for effective recruiting, including the Internet, in-house applications, associations, etc. ensuring that candidate identification is done in a highly proactive manner and will assure reaching high performers. Establish an effective recruiting data base including using outside research firms if necessary.
- Develop and implement a process for managing the high volume of open positions, including tracking, priority setting, metrics, etc.
Undergraduate Degree in a Science or Business Discipline is Required; an MBA/Advanced Degree is Preferred.