A well known manufacturer of dental products is currently seeking a Vice President and General Manager.
This company is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products they create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product they manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. This company‘s sales exceed $100 million and cover a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
They are looking for a charismatic and successful manager to join their team as the Vice President/General Manager. The Vice President for will oversee and provide strategic guidance for all functions of our largest division, including marketing, sales, product development, and manufacturing operations. This role will have primary responsibility to meet and exceed the sales, profit, cash flow and market share targets for the division. The Vice President will report to the CEO and manages the work of 5 direct and 100 indirect reports.
- Drive development and successful execution of divisional business plan to achieve established financial and operational results
- Develop and execute a full line business strategy plan, including new product development and formalization of the R&D pipeline. Further develop brands on a global platform.
- Facilitate the development and alignment of daily and long-term operating efficiencies
- Cultivate business development relationships with customers and key opinion leaders to maximize partnership opportunities and to leverage OEM, private label, international and school program opportunities
- Provide coaching, development, and guidance to direct reports as well as identify and fill key staffing needs
- Collaborate with essential business stakeholders. Partner with CEO and peers on Executive Management Team to provide input and direction for organization-wide initiatives and planning
- 10+ years of demonstrated success and progressively responsible experience in a similar business environment with at least 5 years at a senior management level; prior experience in a manufacturing environment as well as experience with acquisitions and divestitures, strongly preferred; dental industry experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a technical field; MBA preferred
- Ability to identify opportunities/threats and develop and execute appropriate strategic and tactical business solutions
- Dynamic and strategic manager with the ability to lead, develop and motivate a team and engage all employees within the division towards a common goal
- Knowledge of the distributor dental market/industry strongly preferred
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and ISO 13485 requirements and how they relate to and affect daily business operations
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to quickly grasp and interpret information pertinent to the growth of the organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to all levels of the organization, specifically in a manufacturing/production environment
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time